The St. Kateri Tekakwitha YMCA Child Care Centre has officially opened! And with Infant, Toddler, and Preschool programs, the centre brings new options to families in need of high quality, licensed child care in the Oshawa area.
You are invited to discover this new facility and see what it has to offer your child at the Oshawa St. Kateri Tekakwitha YMCA Child Care Centre Open House event on Saturday, July 15th. The day is designed as an opportunity “for everyone in the community with children to come out, have a personal tour of the centre, and enjoy fun activities” says the centre’s director, Diane Peters. You can also meet St. Kateri Tekakwitha’s friendly and dedicated team of child care professionals who will be on hand to answer any programming questions that you may have about the centre.
Why the Y?
The St. Kateri Tekakwitha location offers child care options that encourage and support the healthy development of children in a positive, inclusive, and nurturing environment. Programming is grounded in the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum, which uses play as a vehicle to “prepare children for primary school education and lifelong success,” explains Peters. “Our staff work with children to program and grow their interests by providing hands-on learning experiences that allow them to explore the topic at hand.”
What to expect from St. Kateri Tekakwitha Y:
- Small group sizes to allow for more individualized attention and ensure developmental needs of each child is being addressed
- Flexible daily schedule sets the stage for inquiry, discovery, and early learning
- Home-like learning environments including family portraits, calm colours, and soft furnishings are intended to make children feel comfortable and safe
- Nutritious, well-balanced snacks and lunches provided daily to nourish children’s growing minds and bodies as well as instill healthy eating habits
- A balance of active and quiet play in both indoor and outdoor settings are interwoven throughout the day
- A beautiful outdoor space incorporating planters and sandboxes to encourage active exploration of the natural world
Discover how YMCA Child Care can provide your child with a strong start to a great future by visiting the Oshawa St. Kateri Tekakwitha YMCA Child Care Centre Open House.
Saturday, July 15th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Oshawa St. Kateri Tekakwitha YMCA Child Care Centre
Pre-registration is not required
Family-friendly activities and light refreshments will be provided