During Black History Month, the YMCA celebrates achievements by Black Canadians in education, medicine, art, culture, public service, economic development, politics, and human rights.
This month-long celebration provides an additional opportunity to showcase the stories of the Black community, provide young people with role models, and provide a stronger understanding of the social forces which have shaped and influenced our communities.
We believe that building deeper understanding and knowledge of the communities we serve offers opportunities for personal growth and also helps contribute to the physical, mental, and social well-being of individuals and communities.
Join us this month at the following YMCA locations, where we will have displays dedicated to celebrating Black history:
- Etobicoke Albion Road YMCA Centre
- Mississauga Burnhamthorpe Rd. YMCA Centre
- Mississauga City Centre Drive YMCA Centre
- North York Dufferin Street YMCA Centre
- Pickering Kingston Road YMCA Centre
- Scarborough Eglinton Avenue YMCA Centre
- Scarborough Finch Avenue YMCA Centre
- Scarborough Milner Business Court YMCA Centre
- Toronto Parma Court YMCA Centre
- Toronto Scarborough Town Centre Ct. YMCA Centre
- Toronto Yonge Street North YMCA Centre
- Richmond Hill Bayview Avenue YMCA Centre (Employment)
- Whitby Garden Street YMCA Centre